enter image description here

I'm going to get a better pic today. But this toilet is from 1991, bone in color and elongated. The elongated toilet seat replacements at Home Depot are an inch or two too short.

We just purchased this home and are trying to find the manufacturer. So far, we are unable to locate any identifying marks.

Ok, we just found a number inside the tank, 1957 12 7 89. I'm trying to look it up now.

Thank you, Susan

  • 1
    This can be absolutely anything. American Standard? You may be better off replacing the whole toilet and buying a few extra seats.
    – ajeh
    Jul 27, 2017 at 16:16
  • Look at the top of the bowl, between/behind the bolt-holes for the seat - that's the most common location for a brand-name IME. Sometimes there will be something stamped into the inside of the tank, too.
    – Ecnerwal
    Jul 27, 2017 at 16:24
  • 1
    Go buy some Kohler toilets and just replace them. The new ones take so little water to flush they'll pay for themselves in time
    – Machavity
    Jul 27, 2017 at 16:59
  • Did you look under the tank lid?
    – BrianK
    Jul 27, 2017 at 17:39
  • Ok, we just found a number inside the tank, 1957 12 7 89
    – S. Fisher
    Jul 27, 2017 at 18:26

1 Answer 1


Without gettng anything useful directly from the number, my search on the number lead me to a "toilet identification page" where the peculiar shape of the tank provided the tentative ID (Eljer Preserver) in my comment.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.