I need to run some Cat5e cable outdoors for POE cameras. I want to run them through a flexible conduit. There's a place where I would need a 3 way (T piece connector). There isn't a 3 way for the type of conduit that I have (Liquidtight non metallic). Would a PVC 3 way work and how would I seal it? Do I even need to seal since it's the sun that I should be most worry about right?

Thanks for the help

  • Are you using LFNC-A or LFNC-B? – ThreePhaseEel Jul 22 '17 at 22:37
  • @ThreePhaseEel OP posted a picture of the package in this post. – Harper - Reinstate Monica Jul 22 '17 at 22:53
  • 1
    Can you put a box at this T-point? – ThreePhaseEel Jul 22 '17 at 23:35
  • If you'd simply purchase exterior-rated cat5e (which you'll need anyway to get wet-rated Cat5e - all exterior conduits are defined as wet, and they usually live up to the definition) you don't need conduit at all - it has a black sunlight resistant and waterproof jacket, as well as internal waterproofing (either grease or dry swellable gel type.) Use the same sort of cable clips the cable-TV folks do and you'd be done... – Ecnerwal Jul 23 '17 at 16:16
  • @ThreePhaseEel A pull box? I think so. The reason for all this is because I got one wire going to the right and another one going to the left. After that I have to run them upward. – Quang Vo Jul 24 '17 at 0:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.