Everything was working fine for about 3 years. However, recently my LG top-load washer has been occasionally stopping in the middle of a cycle and showing an IE error stating the washer was unable to fill with water.
Through some trial and error I have consistently been able to get the water flowing again by turning off the the water from the valve on the water hammer arrester and then slowly turning the valve back to the on position and it instantly starts filling with water again.
So is it possible the water hammer arrester is somehow faulty and "freezing up" causing it to block water flow to the washer? But once I relieve pressure by shutting off the valve it resets? Not too familiar with how these devices work.
- I have checked and cleaned the input filters, they are good.
- Water hammer brand is Ayrlett®
- LG washing machine model: LG WT1201C/WT1101C
- Washer is less than 4 years old
- Apartment is also less than 4 years old
- The hot water input is fine just the cold water one "freezes up"
- I live in a warm environment in an apartment