enter image description here

I do not know what to do to remove this cover to install new bulbs.I assume you have to pull it down or twist but being afraid to put much force in to it for fear of breaking i dont know what to do. Somebody help me! Thanks

  • Does it have any play when you pull or twist or is it rock solid to any of these motions? Commented Jul 10, 2017 at 23:48

2 Answers 2


If there's no visible screws, then it has to be a twist. Get a ladder you can stand on (like an A-frame) and gently try to turn it to the left. Hopefully it moves without a ton of effort.

Good luck!

  • 2
    Note that it's probably not a true thread situation, but 3 or 4 bumps on the glass that engage slots in the metal housing.
    – isherwood
    Commented Jul 10, 2017 at 1:35

I have a similar fixture in my house. The glass has L-shaped slots molded into it. You remove it by turning it counter-clockwise about 60°, and then pulling it gently downwards.

The bumps in the housing tend to bind in the slots, so wiggling the glass up or down might make it easier to turn.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.