enter image description hereenter image description here

I bought the tool illustrated above for a project around the house, but I cannot remember what it is used for, or what project I used it on. Anyone have any ideas as to what this tool is for? I did quite a bit of internet searches, but could not come up with an image that might give me a clue. I do not believe it is a tool for tensioning tie wraps, but, it may be. There is no branding on the tool to indicate by whom it was manufactured. I believe it is for putting tension on something, but what I do not recall.

So, any ideas out there as to what this tool is for, or where it can be purchased? It is just making me nuts.

  • no image is attached – bib Jul 8 '17 at 20:57
  • Well, I thought I sent images, but I guess not. First shot at this. Will try to correct. – user71827 Jul 8 '17 at 20:59
  • Wire stripper optimized for stranded wire? What does it do when you actuate it? – Jim Stewart Jul 8 '17 at 22:35
  • 4
    I figured it out. Sat here thinking about it all day, no, two days. Got it. It is a "Molly Bolt Expander." You can buy them on Amazon. They have been used in Europe (Germany) for over 35 years. Check out this YouTube video. youtube.com/watch?v=JHF0Womke6k – user71827 Jul 9 '17 at 0:26
  • 1
    @user71827 Make it an answer. You're allowed to answer your own questions here. – SomeoneSomewhereSupportsMonica Jul 9 '17 at 2:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.