The exterior of my house is stucco, but there are some spots that have vertical wood planks. I think this was considered "in style" when my house was built (1950s).

Anyway, over the years previous owners had installed various things to these wood panels - I imagine an exterior security light, for instance - that now have empty screw holes. I'd like to fill these, as they're a tad unsightly and, I imagine, are just asking for fungus/mold growth.

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I go about filling these? Is there a product designed specifically to fill holes in exterior wood?


You can fill the holes with Wood Fillter which is available at almost all home stores:

Wood Filler

You fill the hole with it, and let it dry. Once dry, sand it flush with the other surface, prime and paint.

  • Ah, thanks. I figured there was some product designed to do just this. – Scott Mitchell Jan 27 '12 at 19:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.