I have a holder for a handheld shower head that I would need to install on a bathroom wall. This holder came with two screws and two different kinds of plastic anchors.

The anchors look as shown here:

enter image description here

What I wanted to ask is, how can I determine which anchor type to use on my bathroom wall?

  • 1
    What type is your wall? The left is for concrete/brick/masonry; right is for drywall. If it's drywall, screwing into a stud is far better than those poor anchors. Jul 1 '17 at 2:24

The larger ones (on the right) are for drywall as the outer layer. The smaller ones are for inserting into a ceramic tile layer bonded to either drywall or cement board (or tile on cement board on drywall).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.