I'm looking to have my fireplace removed and blocked up in order to use the wall for furniture. I already have 2 vents on the chimney breast upstairs one in each bedroom, I am unsure as to even what forms of trades person carries out this type of work. Any advice and knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

  • 1
    A mason or bricklayer would be the person who puts a fireplace in, I imagine they could also take one out. The hearth may be bearing a lot of weight from the chimney, so rather than remove it, it may be more sensible / less expensive to just block it off. If you are handy, there are a few guides online for how to DIY it. – CactusCake Jun 29 '17 at 20:31

Any general contractor could remove the fireplace and if the house uses the brick for suport the contractor will be able to do the needed repairs.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.