I want to refurbish a metal folding chair with seat and back cushions. The wood base for the seat and back cushion are in very bad condition and I have to replace them. I was thinking about using plywood for the seat base since the original one is flat. The back cushion base is curved though and I don't know what material to use to replace it.... The original looks like compressed wood. Is that what you recommend? How do I give it the curve I need? Thanks!

  • 1
    This is the kind of question that is so much easier to answer after seeing a picture of the chair. If you can't take a photo of your chair, post a link to a similar chair, perhaps in an online catalog. Some regular reader here with the needed rep can add the pic to your question. – A. I. Breveleri Jun 25 '17 at 22:30
  • This would probably get better answers at Woodworking. – feetwet Jun 26 '17 at 1:34

Not seeing the chair I wood go with cedar,its a little more expensive than most but will outlast all others resistant to insects and beautifull wood.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.