I tried testing the t&p valve on my water heater, and after it kept leaked very badly, I had to shut off the water supply.

valve tag

I am trying to find a replacement valve, but I don't know how to decipher this.

I'm not sure if this one will work - https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.34-inch-t-p-relief-valve-extended-shank.1000123781.html

I'm in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and trying to find something locally asap. Thanks.

  • that one will work – d.george Jun 24 '17 at 11:18

Same pressure/temperature, greater BTU rating. That part looks good.

But, half the extension, I guess.

Since you are shut down water wise, shut off the heat/power/gas to the water heater and take the old valve with you when shopping.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.