I need a part that looks like this: it consists of an "eye"-bolt with a nut and washer which allows this part to be attached to a rod/tube of the right diameter.

These "bolts" are commonly used for attaching bicycle fenders; the picture is from a bike company. However, I want to know if these are available in arbitrary sizes, i.e. multiple combinations of:

  1. Shank length and thread pitch
  2. 'Head' size and hole dia


Mystery nut

  • 1
    Try searching for "stay binder".
    – Mister Tea
    Jun 14 '17 at 22:19
  • Please avoid putting a question in the subject that also isn't in the body. Your subject is "what's the name" and your body is more of a "where do I find it" feel. Jun 15 '17 at 14:28
  • Well that went ususually sideways. I already knew these things are used for fenders. What I'm looking for is a non-bicycle source - for connecting stuff of other sizes for a DIY project.
    – kabZX
    Jun 15 '17 at 21:08

They appear to be called, fender eyelet bolts, eyelet bolts, or bicycle fender bolts. There is a link I found for Fender Eyelet Bolts, 5mm here.


For non-US readers of this question: In some parts of the world these are called "mudguard bolts"


enter image description here

SKS Mudguard Bolts, Nuts & Endcaps for use when fitting ... mudguards.


Check out McMaster-Carr Supply they are online and would be a good place to start. Start out with latch or swing bolts. Or Reid Tool Supply

  • The question was about the name of the item. This doesn't really answer the question, just gives advice on how to search somewhere else for it. Jun 15 '17 at 14:27
  • Already spoke to someone at McMaster-Carr - they don't have anything like this and don't know what this is called.
    – kabZX
    Jun 15 '17 at 21:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.