I have tried my best to gain as much information as possible, but I am mostly stuck at the connection part.
To start with here is the goal of my DIY project:
Now here is what all I have bought/acquired,etc:
- Ceiling lamp socket + clothed wiring (that should go from the socket to the lamp)
- Extra clothed wiring - has 3 wires inside (3 metres)
- Light Bulbs - 5W G4 AC230V. Here is a description and I have translated from German in black
- The microphones - Got some cheap microphones and emptied them of all "audio components". Dimensions are approximate - 60cm x 45cm x 45cm. The cases where the lights are planned to be installed are made of hard-plastic.
- I do plan to buy a fuse. 3 bulbs * 5W/230V = 0.06 A. Am I doing this right?
Important Information: I live in Munich, Germany. Voltage is 230 V
Now my questions
1. How do I connect these pin bulbs to the mains - any special holders? transformers, etc?
I mean the bulbs are meant to take AC directly so it does not look like the case with other LED lights where you need transformers for AC to DC. I could get different bulbs if needed too.
2. What amperage (if needed) should the fuse be?
3. The microphone shells are this hard plastic type. Should I do something about insulation so that the plastic does not melt or something?
All help will be appreciated! I want to hang these in my music studio.
I really want to go ahead with it though many a times I just think its too much work or might be a disaster. Also sorry but my electrical knowledge is all rusty. A few friends who have studied this stuff would eventually help - but they are not "ceiling-lamp-geniuses" so need help