Recently I've bough a domestic reverse osmosis system and it got following bit used to feed the water: plumbing piece 1/2

It's g1/2 pipe with a small hole (12mm) in it.

I'd like to use it between brass water pipe and washing machine (I am renting so I can't alter existing plumbings), but they are 3/4 thread.

Can someone tell what's the name of this piece? Otherwise it's really hard to find something similar on web.


  • 1
    most likey a custom peace. i dough there is a name for it – joe Jun 7 '17 at 19:43
  • closest thing I can think of is a type of run tee, but yeah looks custom. It'd be easy to make granted you have a 12mm tap – Ronnie Jun 7 '17 at 23:51
  • Ok thanks. I guess I will have to use a "Self Piercing Saddle Valve Clamp" amazon.co.uk/Reverse-Osmosis-Piercing-Connection-Connects/dp/… after all. (or to buy 2 adapters 3/4->1/2 and then 1/2 to 3/4) :( – Alekc Jun 8 '17 at 10:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.