I bought a house that has a microwave & wall oven combination. It's a Kenmore model from 2008. The microwave & wall oven combo vents through a metal pipe (about 4 inches) that runs through the cabinet above the unit and into the attic. Now I'm putting on a new roof and I have the chance to run this vent outside if I want to. Should I vent the microwave/oven unit outside through the roof or leave it venting into the attic?
As info, the cooktop and the range hood are on the opposite side of the kitchen, so I know those are not what is venting. The hot water tank and bathrooms are also not near the unit so I'm fairly certain it's the oven/microwave that's venting up.
I know that in general venting to the attic is a bad idea, especially for bathroom fans. However I was surprised that the oven/microwave was venting up to the attic at all instead of back into the room.
I have the chance to do this the right way since I'm putting on a new roof. It wouldn't be a problem to vent this through the roof, but I also don't want to put on unnecessary roof vents.
Can anyone help?