Ive searched online for days and have not found a faucet that looks like mine. I have tried 2 wrenches, but it still will not budge. Can you tell by looking at the photos if it is soldered? I able to get the handle off, but nothing else will come loose. Now in order to get the least amount of leakage the handle has to be turned in an exact position. If I turn it all the way off it will leak ALOT.

faucet ![faucet2][2] ![faucet3][3] faucet4

  • You've got four image references, but only two links (it could be because higher rep is needed for more images). If you can add the links for the 2nd and 3rd images in a comment, someone can add them to the post for you. – fixer1234 May 31 '17 at 19:45
  • 1
    Looks like it would be pretty easy to replace that faucet. Looks like they are around $5 at the big box stores. – Tyson May 31 '17 at 21:41
  • 2
    Where do you live? I would like to come to your house and replace that faucet for you, if I can have the old one for my museum. – A. I. Breveleri Jun 1 '17 at 0:13

That looks like an early version of a ball valve. To repair it, if you could, you would need to remove the faucet. At that point it would be easier to get a new one to reinstall.

It is a threaded connection on the supply line, possibly 1/2". It will take 2 large pipe wrenches to remove it.

  • yup though it looks like it's been there a long time. Liberal application of heat might be required to break the corrosion. – Trevor_G Jun 1 '17 at 17:19

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.