I found this paint on wall of college institute.

Color: Green, It has some lumps.


closed as off-topic by ThreePhaseEel, Tester101 May 31 '17 at 11:20

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Not enough information was provided to answer this question accurately. Please include the make and model of all devices and equipment, photos, diagrams, drawings, and any other information that might help people provide an accurate answer." – ThreePhaseEel, Tester101
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • The plaster most likely used under the paint is called "calcio vecchio" in many parts of Europe. It makes the wall look old on purpose. – Fizz Jun 7 '17 at 15:47
  • In English speaking countries it seems it's called stucco patch or knockdown dash. – Fizz Jun 7 '17 at 16:16

Without chemical analysis there is no real way to tell what type of paint that is. It does appear to be several layers thick, the lumps could be due to accumulation and marks from the rollers used to apply it.

Alternatively, it could actually be one layer with a type of plaster mixed in to make it thick and applied with a textured roller that makes the surface you see.

One way to find out is to sand an area about a foot long with a medium light abrasive paper. Start at one end of the one foot section and fade the sanding by getting sanding harder and more to the other side. You should see the layers appear like a topographical map.

Drew K

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.