I want to remove the valve of my sink so that the water flows directly into the inlet of the sink tap instead of going through an additional tap. I'm attaching the screenshot for reference purpose (sorry, I couldn't find a better image on the net)enter image description here

The problem is I don't know the technical name of the connector. For the record, this is for an Indian home, so maybe the size standards and naming convention may vary here.

  • 3
    Don't do it. That valve is likely there to allow you to turn off the water if you ever have to repair/replace the sink faucet (tap). If you remove it, you'll have to shut the water off somewhere else (possibly the whole house) to repair/replace this sink faucet (tap).
    – Tester101
    May 22, 2017 at 12:06
  • I'm aware of that. The thing is there's already another valve at the start of the pipe that is connecting to this valve tap. So I can just turn that one off.
    – asprin
    May 22, 2017 at 12:21
  • 1
    You're probably the only person who knows where that 'other valve' is. In case of some unforeseen event, the normal place for anyone to look for the shutoff valve would be right under the sink... Imo replacing this valve with a simple elbow is a bad idea.
    – brhans
    May 22, 2017 at 12:28
  • @brhans Not a biggie really. The reason I know where the other valve is because it's coming from a overhead tank inside my bathroom. So the entire pipeline is visible to me.
    – asprin
    May 22, 2017 at 12:31
  • 1
    WHY, do you want to remove the shut off valve?
    – Alaska Man
    May 22, 2017 at 17:39


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge that you have read and understand our privacy policy and code of conduct.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.