I recently bought some electric solenoid valves online, and I don't know what kind of electrical connector this is using, and where to get a female version.

The valve in question

Does anyone know where I can find the female version of this so I can attach it to a pair of long wires?


In some parts of the planet, those are called "spade connectors" and are available in crimp-on form.

The sizes are colour coded

They are sold in most auto-parts stores as well as by electrical retailers like Digikey.

  • Thanks. Turns out I just bought the wrong size of female spade terminal. – Greg Olmstead Jun 23 '17 at 17:49

Those look to me like male "flag" terminals, so maybe one just uses single wires with female flag terminals. For example:


  • 1
    Yup, that's them, common as can be. Look in automotive. – Harper - Reinstate Monica May 22 '17 at 7:59
  • 1
    "Spade" terminal/connector is a more common term to describe these types of connectors. "Flag" terminals are a type of spade terminal, which have the wire connection perpendicular to the connector. – Tester101 May 22 '17 at 11:41

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.