...No, this is not a setup for a joke.

In Israel we have gadgets like this one:

It's basically like a power strip, except it doesn't have a cable. You plug it into a lone power socket and now you have 2. It also comes in varieties where it gives you 3 or 4 power outlets.

Is there a name for this device in English?

closed as off-topic by Michael Karas, ThreePhaseEel, Tester101 May 16 '17 at 11:15

  • This question does not appear to be about home improvement within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • VTC - This question has nothing to do with DIY home improvement or repair. – Michael Karas May 15 '17 at 10:13
  • I would call it a 'double adapter'. – brhans May 15 '17 at 11:55
  • I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is not about do-it-yourself home improvement. – Tester101 May 16 '17 at 11:15

'Receptacle multiplier' works on Google.


Turns out it's called an outlet tap.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.