I am putting up a single shelf on a wall with some antique redwood interior paneling, so my goal is to keep the walls as in best condition as possible with minimal additional drilling done (if any).
I put in all 4 anchors for the mounts loosely tightening the screws until I had everything in place. Then I went to fully tighten the screws - due to the layout I'm doing the tightening by hand. So far when I went to make the screws tight two of the heads broken completely off.
Now I have the main body of the screw about 1/8" into the anchor and am unsure the best way to get it out.
I tried drilling it, but I didn't seem to make much progress.
I've looked up alternative methods, but I'm at a lost as to what the best route would be... primarily due to 2 things: (1) how deep the rest of nail is and (2) my hope to keep the anchors there without drilling in all new ones.
Picture of anchor used (drywall anchors, so not the best ones for the job here).