I would like to connect my bike nozzle to a new compressor I just bought. However the compressor have an odd (?) connector.

Can someone from the pictures below see if I need to buy a new converter for the compressor or a special hose is needed?

enter image description here

enter image description here

  • 1
    The first image looks like a Hansen style plug, while the second image looks like maybe a schrader coupling (hard to tell without seeing the end of the coupling).
    – Tester101
    Commented Apr 5, 2017 at 14:47

1 Answer 1


You need a quick connector at the compressor... it looks something like this:

quick connector

The things to get right are whether the threaded end is male or female, the size of the threads (1/4 NPT is common in the US, but YMMV), and the compatibility with the connector you already have (if you don't feel like changing it as well). I can't really tell, but it might be a type M connector. Just to make things more complicated, there are different sizes out there.

If it was me, I'd unscrew the connector from the compressor and bring everything to a store that stocks such things to put it all together. In the US, any big box Home Depot/Lowes/Menards would have that.

  • 2
    Be aware is a variety of such connectors, and most are incompatible with each other. You want to choose one standard and stick with it. Don't just pick the one the local junque shop happens to stock. Commented Apr 5, 2017 at 16:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.