I have a dual 3 pin plug socket which one of them is not working now. Previously, all I had to do was to kind of palm-slap onto the plug of my laptop a couple of times to get it working and sometimes would hear some small electrifying noises but as the time goes, the method gradually became useless.

What should I do now? Should I go get another dual 3 pin plug socket faceplate or there could be something else wrong with the whole electrical wiring system?



the "electric noises" is very likely arcing.

If the other one works normally then the fix is to replace the entire outlet (the face plate is just a cosmetic cover).

| improve this answer | |
  • UK sockets don't normally have separate face-plates (unlike American ones) – Peter Green Sep 19 '18 at 23:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.