I was removing some panels in the garage of the house that I rent, and found one wall filled with insulation, at first I thought of mineral wool but as it all fell in crumbles I'm afraid it might be Asbestos insulation. Will take a sample to the lab but would like to know your opinion in the meantime.
Looks like fiberglass or rockwool(this is not asbestos). Safest to have it tested but you should seal off the space and not enter it until you know. I've two Aunts who died from indirect contact with asbestos.
Even if it is fiberglass you should be wearing a filter mask as it is essentially spun silica (glass) and the particles can cause silicosis (and skin irritation).
I doubt it. Usually asbestos insulation is "fibrosis" and easily floats and flies through the air...this looks "foam-like", but you're smart to have it tested. (We found asbestos in mastic, so you never know.)
It is not asbestos. My father-in-law and I insulated his attic with that stuff about 50 years ago, when I was young and dumb. I itched for days and we did the work in July.They called it pouring wool and it came in bags.