Can anyone tell me how is the accessory in the picture called and what's its purpose?

drill accessory http://storage9.static.itmages.com/i/17/0228/h_1488307031_8180005_c15fb41395.png


  • I believe it's a drywall ratchet. If set properly, it will slip just when the drywall screw is flush with the surface, stopping you from going deeper. – Chris Cudmore Feb 28 '17 at 18:50
  • Thanks. I seem to see them quite often in DIY videos and it's not always about drywalls. e.g. storage2.static.itmages.com/i/17/0228/… – Luc Feb 28 '17 at 19:21
  • 2
    It really just looks like a magnetic bit holder that allows a little flexion. – Hari Ganti Feb 28 '17 at 19:27
  • All the drywall type adapters I have for screw guns have a ridge to dimple the paper/ push the bit out. Those work well when I don't have my drywall drill. I would think @Hari Ganti has a better guess. – Ed Beal Feb 28 '17 at 19:44

I'm fairly sure this is a bit holder made by a company called Wera: Rapidaptor Bit Holders

I think it's 897/4 R Rapidaptor BiTorsion universal bit holder on that page.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.