I glued a painting wood panel back to another small piece of wood to add hanging wire with gorilla glue. I now want to take these two wood pieces apart. What can I use?

  • 1
    A sharp chizzle or exactO knife will work gorilla glue is really tough once expanded and set. – Ed Beal Feb 27 '17 at 21:43
  • Gorilla glue is polyurethane, so give a look for anything that will dissolve it without destroying your project. Ed's comment is probably the best bet, though. "Chizzle". :D – isherwood Feb 27 '17 at 21:44
  • As they say in NJ, "Fuhgeddaboudit!" – fixer1234 May 8 '17 at 4:28

A saw, a chisel, or brute force. Cured polyurethane glue is largely impervious to solvents, and if there are any exceptions to that, they are probably absurdly hazardous to people.

If you don't actually want the small piece, setting up a router jig to plane it off the painting would be a relatively tidy/controlled way of removing it.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.