I am trying to work out how to mitre a long edge of wood for example the edge of a panel around 1m. I need to cut various non standard angles on different edges to make a cabinet not just 45 degree cuts. How could I achieve this at home? I know you can do that sort of thing with an industrial circular table saw but that is out of my budget. Is there a way I can do this with home tooling?

Update: Sorry I guess I mean bevel the edge for a panel of wood at different angles. I've got a mitre saw but it can only do lengths of up to about 20cm. By home tooling I mean what the average guy has in his garage and not using specialist industrial factory grade equipment.

  • 1
    Seems like a better question for woodworking.stackexchange.com. At a minimum I suggesting editing to explain what tools you have available. What does "home tooling" mean? As it is, the question is vastly broad in scope. – isherwood Feb 26 '17 at 21:35
  • 2
    Circular saws can typically do bevel cuts to about 45°. – Tester101 Feb 27 '17 at 0:24
  • @isherwood right. Also do you mean mitre or bevel? – pHred Feb 27 '17 at 2:17

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.