My faucet handle has a plastic "lid" on the tip and I cannot remove it. I have tried prying it out, but I'm scared I will damage the plastic. Please help!!

enter image description hereenter image description here

  • Flat blade object, screwdriver, tweezers, butter knife.
    – Jeff Cates
    Feb 25, 2017 at 6:36
  • It may be threaded hard to see in the photo. A pair of needle nose pliers open and used like a spanner wrench may help unscrew it.
    – Ed Beal
    Feb 25, 2017 at 15:57
  • A decent photo would be very much appreciated.
    – isherwood
    Feb 25, 2017 at 16:27
  • Your title and text say faucet handle but your photo shows a plastic object in your faucet spout. Please clarify. Feb 26, 2017 at 16:35

2 Answers 2


It will pry out, you will need a razor knife with a heavy duty blade to start the gap to finish prying it out.


A Thin bladed regular (flat blade) screw driver will pry it out - some of them have a good pry spot - search around the side of the lid for a small indention under the top of the lid. Place the screw driver there and then pry.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.