I have 22 windows in my old house and they all need new handles/openers before I can move out in one month. Can only find a name in a scroll font on the inside of the pane, but I cannot read it. Does anyone know who used an old scroll font for putting in the name of the company who built the window? Gotta then find the handles.

  • 1
    You could find these from manufacturer but I doubt it. You need to post pictures and measurements. You will most likely be buying a general reproduction and hoping they fit - if they don't making them fit. What did you do with the old handles? And why are the handles needed before you move out?
    – DMoore
    Feb 21, 2017 at 19:44
  • Yeah, clear photos of the company name, the window handle area (up close), and the window as a whole are needed here.
    – isherwood
    Feb 21, 2017 at 19:52

1 Answer 1


Try Restoration Hardware. Click on Residential Catalog, then Hardware, then Windows.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.