I want to purchase DeWalt 18V Cordless Drill/Driver from USA where electricity standard is 120V - 60Hz and use it in my country with transformer where standard is 220V-230V - 50Hz but there will be 10Hz of electricity frequency difference. Although people say differently, i would still like to know if such option is worthwhile given i save a lot of money.

What specifications must be transformer to fit cordless drill/driver and remain stable? What other things besides voltage should i take into account?

  • 2
    Unrelated to the voltage/charging issue, it will not have a valid warranty outside of the country, especially if you are not charging with the correct voltage/frequency. If I were going to buy an expensive drill, I'd want to have it under a valid warranty.
    – Steven
    Dec 24, 2011 at 18:45

1 Answer 1


I would buy part number DW9116220. This is the 220 volt charger for the battery system. Then buy the drill separately and you're good to go.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.