I have attached a bunch of pictures of what looks like a nylon braided paper rope that came out of the back of our dryer (between the drum and the back wall). I cannot find any information on our model online, I'm going to contact Kenmore directly, but I'd like to know what I'm looking for. enter image description here

This is the picture of the string/rope: enter image description here

Any help is appreciated!

  • 3
    It's probable the seal between the drum and the rear wall. Is the rear wall stationary or part of the drum ?
    – Tyson
    Feb 12 '17 at 22:04
  • 2
    I'll second that. Feb 12 '17 at 23:51
  • 1
    What model is this dryer? Feb 13 '17 at 0:03
  • The rear wall is stationary. It is a Kenmore Heavy Duty Fabricmaster, Model C1108584190 (circa ~1995). Serial: ICE4432093, Type: DR-6 Feb 13 '17 at 4:06
  • I couldn't find ANYTHING googling that model number, which is weird. The edge of the drum and the backwall must turn against each other (I.e rub). They need a soft quiet material to make that seal--thats what I think you're looking at.....
    – Tyson
    Feb 13 '17 at 18:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.