My kitchen sink has a sprayer. I want to remove it. I believe I would need a cap to seal off the connection after I take the sprayer hose off. I saw a few articles saying you need to get a "3/8-inch threaded brass flair cap". Is that correct? Picture below, was the best I could snap under there:

enter image description here

I want to go to a home supply store to get whatever cap I would need, but not sure what to ask them for.

The corrosion under there looks pretty gross.


  • If you could remove the hose from the faucet and post a picture of the end of the faucet fitting and inside end of the hose, with something there to give scale (tape measure?) we could be of better help. – Jimmy Fix-it Feb 11 '17 at 17:24
  • If you take it apart, you could take the sprayer with you to match the correct cap. – Jeff Cates Feb 11 '17 at 18:11

If 3/8" is the correct size, I believe you need a 3/8" FIP cap (FIP stands for Female Iron Pipe) also known as a 3/8" female NPT cap. If the size is actually 1/2", then obviously you'd need in the 1/2" size.

You would also need pipe dope or teflon pipe dealing tape The dope comes in a smaller size in a tube or larger size in a jar. IP does not mean you'd get it in iron or steel. You'd probably get it in brass.

| improve this answer | |
  • Where is the leak in the sprayer? at the threads or the hose? Maybe you could just tighten the sprayer hose. – Jim Stewart Feb 12 '17 at 10:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.