My garage has the white plastic paneling that looks like wood.

Some of it broke off during a storm and I need to replace it. I'm having some trouble finding it online because I don't know what you call it. It snaps on.

enter image description here

I have been calling it plastic paneling and plastic siding in my searches, but that brings up unrelated products only so far.

update: is it "cladding"? I still haven't found an exact match but now I am thinking that's the general term for it.


It is vinyl siding, available at big box stores. It will come in different sizes, double 4 or double 5, counting the inches between each horizontal bump. Some comes in double 4 1/2". Double means, there are 2 horizontal lines for each piece of siding. There are other sizes available too, along with styles of the face that is created in the bending process.

  • Thanks. Is this different from cladding? – Hack-R Jan 29 '17 at 22:46
  • Cladding is another name for siding, that term is used for other types of siding as well – Jack Jan 29 '17 at 22:47

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.