Gas Range

I accidentally spilled some oil on the stove which seeped down below the top. The oil is now in the insulating blanket that surrounds the oven and caught fire while a burner was on. Can I buy new insulating material, cut out this patch and replace it? Any help appreciated.

edit: can I use this product to patch it?


You'll have to find the right material, as this is certainly high-temperature insulation and you don't want to have a new fire. Where to find that insulation is off-topic here, but once it's in hand it doesn't look like replacing that small section will be too bad a job (certainly less work than you've already put in).

  • Thanks, if you have expertise, can you verify that the link I posted would be an appropriate material? – Robert C Spencer Jan 22 '17 at 16:46
  • I don't have expertise (aside being an engineer), but that does look good. – Daniel Griscom Jan 22 '17 at 17:44

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.