Inspector said something was required in the hole that was punched out to run the romex through. (hole can not be left with just romex) anyone know what I need to buy?


You need a strain relief clamp

strain clamp1

or cable gland

cable gland

(images for example, not an endorsement)

Since it's NM-B, the top one. The bottom one is for round cordage.

  • But these require completed electrical connections to be undone. Are there types that slip over the wire outside the box and are then tightened so the wires don't have to be disconnected and pulled out? – Jim Stewart Jan 20 '17 at 0:54
  • Thank you, will check to see if there are ones that can be applied post wiring, if not par for the course :) – John Jan 20 '17 at 3:03

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.