I rent an apartment where half of the walls of my bathroom are made out of a beautifully finished granite.
This looks nice, but when it comes to hanging my chrome-plated towel bar, there have been some issues.
- I do not want to drill into the granite, since I will want to cleanly remove the towel bar when I move out.
- I think that gluing the towel bar onto the stone is my best option.
- I have tried several glues in the past, but none have worked out well so far.
- Gorilla glue is strong but is difficult to remove cleanly.
- Silicone adhesives seem to work for awhile but the towel bar eventually falls off.
What is the best adhesive to glue chrome-plated metal to finished granite to bear the load of two wet towels yet still allow me to remove it cleanly when I move?