I want to swap out a light switch with a sensor switch in my boiler room but I'm not sure how to wire it. I took out the old switch expecting to find 3 wires connects: a metal ground, a white return, and a black hot. Instead, all of the White returns are capped together in the box and two black wires are connected to the switch.
I tried wiring the sensor in the same way and it was on for a while but wouldn't switch off when I pressed the plate under the sensor. Then, it did go off and now won't turn on any more. Here's what the new switch looks like: -- photos deleted because I don't have enough karma to post more than 2 links --
My guess is either the sensor switch is defective or I wired it wrong and it's defective now ;p
Any help in understanding this wiring would be appreciated. The whole house is like this and I want to replace this switch and put a dimmer in the nursery. I've just never seen a setup with what looks like 2 hot wires and no return.