So I'm not the best with electrical work, and I'm running into issues replacing my bathroom vent fan and light.
The setup is three switches on the wall:
- One switch controlled fan.
- One switch to vent light.
- One switch to other ceiling light.
Where the new vent fan and light is going:
- From the ceiling - two sets of white/black/ground
- From the light/vent - two sets of white/black/ground
If I connect everything one to one:
- The first switch turns on fan and other ceiling light.
- Second switch does nothing?
- Third switch turns off fan, and makes the other ceiling light brighter.
Help? How should I be wiring this?
Update: just attached black to black, and white to white (for all four wires). The fan works, the ceiling light works, but when I switch on the light for the vent unit, both the vent light and the other ceiling light just start flashing. It's like I've wired an alert that I'm terrible at electrical work.