Oobleck (cornstarch & water)was poured down my drain, maybe 4oz., by my child and is now stopped up. Now what? Can I unclog it or will it require a plumber?

  • 1
    Whatever you do, don't pour hot water down the sink. It'll cook the starch and turn it into a giant gravy lump, which will be even harder to clear out. – Mike Baranczak Dec 18 '16 at 22:04

If it's only 4oz, the quickest fix will be to fill the sink until you can get your toilet plunger submerged in it. Then plunge repeatedly. Once it starts draining rinse the starch down with plenty of water.

If that fails, take the p-trap off and give it a good cleanout. Likely the starch settled down there.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.