I have 4 recessed lights in my kitchen, all of them G24 CFL sockets. The lights currently in them are very warm colored. They came with, when we bought the home.

I would like to replace them with soft white LED and preferably dimmable. However It is very hard (impossible) to find the dimmabe LED with G24 base.

How do I get rid of these G24 fixtures or convert them to a normal bulb fixture ? Is it possible to DIY or I need a electrician ?

  • 2
    Replace the fixtures.
    – Tyson
    Dec 9, 2016 at 23:31
  • FWIW, I just googled and there are many LED options for a G24base. You probably need to look at a lamp specialty store or online, not a big box store. However, I wouldn't take that route, I would still replace the fixtures. Fixture replacement in fairly simply, if it's beyond your capabilities tho, just call a handyman, not necessarily an electrician.
    – Tyson
    Dec 10, 2016 at 0:28
  • @Tyson Thanks ! Do these fixtures have the same input voltage as the traditional ones ? or do they run on some different energy saving voltage ?
    – punekr12
    Dec 12, 2016 at 23:38
  • The current fixtures are ballasted, but run on the same 120v the new fixtures would.
    – Tyson
    Dec 12, 2016 at 23:51


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.