My husband and I own a Kenmore slide-in glass-top oven, model 790-46359400. Recently, my back right burner stopped working, so we ordered a replacement and put that in. The new burner works fine, but now we have a bigger problem: using any of the four burners for a few minutes results in a loud POP from the active burner and the stovetop shorting out.
When we look at the burner we were using, we see scorch marks on the wiring and harness. While replacing the original faulty burner, we removed the glass top itself from the oven instead of removing the assembly underneath. We think that the newly-loosened top is bumping/pressing on something.
Replacing this stove is not cheap. Anyone have any idea why we're getting the short, and what we could do to fix it? We have some ATV high temperature sealant coming from Amazon that we plan to use to reattach the glass top. Is that enough, or do we need to do something else?
It's practically identical to this one on Sears.com.
Thank you in advance!