I have an old house, my box has been upgraded to AFCI breakers. Can I replace the 2 prong plugs with GFCI plugs & the "GFCI PROTECTED / NO EQUIPT GROUND" labels & meet code requirements for Tennessee?

  • What wiring type was your house wired with? Also, do you have any shared neutrals anywhere in the house, and what make/series are your breakers? – ThreePhaseEel Nov 23 '16 at 3:49
  • Are the breakers combined GFCI/AFCI? If so, you don't need separate GFCI sockets. – SomeoneSomewhereSupportsMonica Nov 23 '16 at 4:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.