I am about to finish building a large shed (small garage) in Wisconsin and I'm considering my options for running power to it. The power company is WE Energies.
The shed is pretty close to a power pole but my house power runs off of a pole in the other corner of the lot. I would like to bury the line to the house someday and potentially upgrade my service a bit.
I don't think I have any circuits left in my current breaker box in the house so simply running a line from the house may prove to be more work than originally thought.
- Shed is 12x20 feet
- House is 1500sqft living area
- Shed is about 30 to 50 yards from the house but only about 5 yards from the power pole
- I don't need a lot of power (just lights and maybe one or two outlets)
- My breaker box does accept tandem breakers (I have installed one before) but I've heard they are sometimes illegal. I'm not sure what the code says in my area
- My breaker box has some sort of extension box off the side of it with a few more breakers in it
- Current service is either 100a or 150a service. I was considering upgrading to 200a at some point
- My bill says 723 kWh but doesn't list a service
- Dryer: LER4634BQ1 (4 amp motor, 23 amp heater and accessories)
- Washer: LLR9245BQ1 (9.8 amp)
- Furnace: NUGS075BG01
- A/C: ???