Our new used stove is missing a couple of fairly important screws. They are apparently a Whirlpool custom design (p/n W10379120), but are described as "8-18 X 2.5 TR SC AB". I haven't found any pictures. They're kind of pricey (~$15+ net ea, depending); so, if I can use a (modified?) regular screw, I would. I'd also like to be sure there's not something else broken before I buy these.

So, does anyone know what the '8-18 ..' means? Obviously, a #8, and 2.5" long. But, does the 18-pitch imply it's self-tapping or something? And, I have no clue about the "TR SC AB".


  • 1
    They are 18-8 self tapping machine screws, type AB are fine thread type, They are stainless. Likely a phillips drive pan head as a standard AB type. Should sell in normal hardware stores for about .50-1.00 each. – spicetraders Dec 15 '16 at 23:34

8-18 is number 8 size, 18 threads/inch. The letters probably describe finish and head type (screwdriver or nut or some such). Any chance that same screw is used somewhere else in the stove assembly & you could find it there for comparison?

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.