I'm refinishing a shelf unit made out of pine and painted. It has a lot of holes and cuts in it (I think it was used as a cutting table, or was near one). It's solid, so I want to refinish it and paint it again. I want to patch the holes, nicks and dents. Should I use wood filler spackle stuff or plaster/mud to patch the holes?

1 Answer 1


Plaster/mud is not meant for wood, it's meant for plaster/drywall, so you definitely should use wood filler.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.