I'm fixing up the back room and after turning off the breaker for that part of the house, I disconnected an outlet high up on the wall (no idea why it was there) and since it was powering the lower outlet, reconnected the power line to the bottom one.
When I turned the breaker back on, there was no power to all the breakers powered by one of the two legs. No issue with the other leg, or the breakers associated with the live one.
Is there any way I could have caused the issue? An electrician is on the way but I'd like to know if anyone else has an opinion. Seems too much of a coincidence but since the breaker was off the entire time I can't imagine what could have happened. Also, no sparks, no burning smell, no heat, no indication of any damage in the box or any of the wiring inside or outside.