Situation: I'd like to eventually upgrade my toilet from a cheap, manual flush (need to physically apply foot pressure) to an affordable one that has a "walk away" flushing mechanism. It doesn't matter to me whether the unit is designated for "RV" or not, there seems to be plenty of small 10" toilets available. The rough-in size for mine is 8 1/2". It seems the smallest "UniFit" rough-in adapter would expand the rough-in to at least 10".

Question: Perhaps there are rough-in adapters for a 8 1/2" rough-in available on the market? If it's safe to use "UniFit" adapter, what should the installer keep in mind?

  • Changing the toilet and flange is just one side, what are you connecting the flange into. ABS pipe or direct to a tank? – spicetraders Nov 24 '16 at 20:59
  • @spicetraders Abs pipe. – user289394 Nov 27 '16 at 17:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.