Is this torchdown? Modified bitumen? Or something else?

  • 1
    ... what? The surface under the white support base? Where is this? And, why do you care? Oct 18, 2016 at 0:28
  • It looks like a Membrane type to me . The rolled roofing I used to use was black and had overlapped seams that were heated with a torch to make the seal. My current house has similar on an addition, it is ordered by the size of the roof. I ordered some to cover a leaking cargo container 4/5 years ago and it looks the same that is on my new to me house.
    – Ed Beal
    Oct 18, 2016 at 1:48
  • @DanielGriscom I'm talking about the roofing material that the roof is made out of. And I care because I have to repair a leak in it and the methods available depend on the material the roof is made out of. Oct 18, 2016 at 8:40


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.