This pipe under my sink just recently started leaking at a very slow drip. The knob doesn't budge either way, at least not with my hand.

enter image description here

enter image description here

Best way to address it? I was thinking I could simply get some plumbers tape and maybe a cap to just close it up? Or is that not good practice?

If a cap would work, can anyone eyeball what size that it is so I can find it online or ask for it at the store?



The rubber/neoprene washer on the end of the valve stem needs to be replaced, a very simple cheap fix. If you choose to go the route of a cap for the spout will work too. Search online for a brass 3/4" threaded hose cap

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.