My kitchen used to get plenty of sunlight through windows, but a building being constructed next to ours has completely blocked the sunlight from entering the kitchen. There is no proper ventilation apart from the windows. Because of this, molds start to develop very soon on the vegetables and lentils. Fruit flies emerge out of nowhere near the vessels even if they are clean. Kitchen is always moist. I am at loss how to handle this. Would love to hear some positive advice. Thanks.
Note: my kitchen is a mere room with no chimneys, no exhaust/ventilation fans. Just few shelves, a kitchen countertop with a stove on it, and a pair of double door windows beside it(through which plenty of sunlight came previous to building construction).