I'm in Singapore and I just bought a dryer. It came with this plug. it's listed as a BS 546/A plug enter image description here

my wall socket fits this plug

can I simply switch the plug or do I have to buy a travel adapter? I'm not very good with electricity and stuff and I don't want to run the risk of blowing up my dryer!

  • Hello, and welcome to Stack Exchange. What kind of dryer is it; hair dryer or clothes? You bought the dryer in the same country as you'll be using it, and the socket didn't fit? What's the make and model? (Edit the answers into your question.) – Daniel Griscom Oct 2 '16 at 13:32

I'm not very good with electricity and stuff

Put down the screw driver and step away from the appliance.

Yes, you should just buy an adapter.

| improve this answer | |
  • The top plug is 15 amps, the bottom ones 13. It is worth checking the rating plate on the appliance – RedGrittyBrick Oct 2 '16 at 15:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.